Skip to main content

Reignited interest with F31 leopard collection!

During my move,I got rid of all the paint and brushes... I felt I wouldn't be able to do modeling again.

In 2016, I went to Japan and was given a few Nissan leopard models. I got back to the US and started to get into it.


One model was pre painted, it was a Zenki F31 Leopard. I slapped that together and enjoyed it.

Since I am into F31 leopards and Infiniti M30s (I own F31club) I decided to make one of the models a convertible for fun.



Then I scored a model I have wanted for a long time.

I was gonna run through it just to get it completed, but I decided I need to dedicate some time and make it right! It is almost done. Gotta paint the tail lights.

Well, being an F31 enthusiasts, I ended up trying to collect the older models of the F31 Leopard


I got a couple more that I want and I will be content with these. The box art is what grabs me and something I didn't appreciate when I was younger.

I'm also at the point where I won't make these and just keep them as is.




So what got me back into modeling again was as I was collecting the F31 models, the Slit Mask (which is older) was in a bundle. I decided to get the bundle. There was the term "junk"in the description, but what it was is that most of the model was there, but the previous owner took body kits and wheels from the various models.


Most of these are Skyline models. The previous owner throw in extra sets, even though some wheels or body kit might be missing. An example is that the Machine RS 2 and 3 are in one box. Another box had 2 R31 skylines, one missing the kit, other wheels. Everything else was still there.

Nobody was gonna buy them, so I figure, why not complete them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Machine RS 2 and 3

In this Skyline bundle, I didn't expect to have extra chassis. But there were a couple boxes with 2 chassis. Most of the parts were in the sandwich bags. But the RS 2 was missing a set of wheels. I went through the bags to make sure that the everything is there and it seems like it. I've started on the RS-3, but the detail is pretty intense. The body is red and I need to paint the lower half black. I was hoping to get these done first, but I need to get a some different colors. The RS 2 is already painted, but gotta paint the bottom also. I have some extra wheels from the Grand Champion model, so I could use it but it is without tires.

Hot Wheels Project Cars 2: Acura NSX GT3

Been searching for these cars. I feel I live in an area that has either small supplies given to my local stores or there are a bunch of collectors. I found this unexpectedly in a local Walgreens that is pretty much no selection of Hot Wheels. Nonetheless, I had to get it.  Still debating on opening it. I am not a hardcore collector, but I chase cars I like. 

Diecast Japanese vans!

I have always liked vans. Currently own a 95 Toyota Previa LE SC and 14 Toyota Sienna SE So naturally, I would want to get diecast vans. Unfortunately, Matchbox and Hot Wheels haven't really made many vans. Hot Wheels did release a Honda Odyssey and the RR Honda Odyssey based of the Bisimoto 1000hp van. It wasn't until 2016, when I was in Japan, I picked up a few vans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlo7dvGxbk I decided I need to get some of the older vans, so my brother Noguchi-san helped me find some and sent them to me! Total collection!!! The Honda Odyssey collection 1st gen RA 2nd gen JDM RA 3rd gen RB North American Odysseys Honda Stepwagon Honda Elysion Toyota Estima set TCR MCR ACR 1st gen Nissan Elgrand 3rd gen Nismo Nissan Elgrand 1st and 2nd gen Nissan Serena Mazda Bongo Friendee camper vans and Mazda MPV Toyota Alphards (1st and 2nd gen), Vellfire and Voxy Ambulance